Bluehost UK Hosting Reviews
– Bluehost.com trusted by over 2,000,000 domain owners
– 50GB storage space, unlimited monthly bandwidth
– BlueHost 24/7 support, live chat support, toll free phone.
– 5 email, ftp, 25 subdomain.
– Free SSL & Https
– One click wordpress Install
– 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
– Avg. 99.99% Uptime
– Data Center Location: Orem, Utah, United States
In the space of web hosting, BlueHost has been one of the most adored providers for quite a long time now. They always keep their hardware and site updated assuring the modern standard; and yes, their awesome customer support is one of the reasons to sought after. You might have seen many BlueHost web hosting review with both positive and negative marks, mostly good stars though.
Well, we shall see if the BlueHost hosting service is really as worthy as they brag about. In this brutally honest UK web hosting review, we will show you all buzz on BlueHost performance, security, features, and refund policies.
All the pros and cons are taken into priority, thus you can truly understand whether to choose BlueHost hosting service for your business or move on to another provider.
To start off, we’ll have a glance at the company’s within.
The Utah-based hosting company BlueHost was founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth. The company provides various web hosting services tailored for both novice and pro clients. Since of its founding, the company has been growing over the time, serving mover 2 millions of users.
Today, BlueHost is one of the WordPress officially recommended UK web hosting companies.
BlueHost is built on open-source platform and their in-house development team is expertise to optimize open source platforms. More than 80 open sources are melted, bent and, crafted to build a convenient hosting service.
In 2010, BlueHost entered the EIG (Endurance International Group) family. With the support and backup of this parent company BlueHost is improving their service.
Blue Host Web Hosting Review
Being one of the most acclaimed web hosting companies in the world, BlueHost let you pick the most suitable hosting plan from a wide range of hosting services. BlueHost allows you to start from a very low rate and also offers a larger plan for bigger websites.
Novice blogger or a pro developer, some of the hosting aspect one should look for while choosing a web hosting service are performance, reliability, customer support, features, and pricing.
# BlueHost Plans and Features
BlueHost is mostly known for providing cheap hosting packages tailored to meet novice requirements. They also offer premium hosting packages for heavier sites or larger business. To provide all sorts of web hosting solutions, BlueHost provides Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting.
Shared Hosting is the cheapest hosting package starting @ £3.00*/month. Various Shared hosting plans from BlueHost comes in as Basic, Plus and Choice Plus. This hosting is recommended for novice users to maintain a light website with low traffic volume and small businesses.
- Basic Plan: The starter pack called Basic plan comes with all the minimal features you will need to start a website. It includes 1 free domain, free SSL certificate, 50 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, 25 sub domains, 5 email accounts, 100 MB email storage per account, and more. Pricing at £3.00 per month. Although, this plan does not allow you host more than 1 domain.
- Plus Plan: This plan ideal for running a small business or sites with mid-range traffic volume. This plan includes 1 free domain, 1 Spam Expert feature, free SSL certificate, and unlimited storage, bandwidth, sub domains, parked domains, email accounts, email storage, and allows hosting unlimited websites in single account. This plan costs £4.52 per month on first purchase.
- Choice Plus (Recommended): To maintain a site with average traffic volume, re are recommending this plan. The plan comes with free domain, free SSL, site backup with CodeGaur Basic feature, and unlimited storage, domain hosting, bandwidth, email storage, sub domains, parked domains, and more. It costs £4.52 per month.
This hosting package is more reliable to run a heavy traffic site. With this hosting plan, your site will be allowed to automatically switch to multiple cloud servers when one server is down or in case of heavy traffic access or hardware failure.
Virtual Private Server Hosting (VPS):
You get all the shared hosting features with this plan. Adding to that, this plan provides virtual dedicated resources to your site in shared hosting environment.
Dedicated Server Hosting:
This hosting plan is recommended for high traffic volume sites, allowing your site taste most of the hosting features and resources. No resource is shared with anyone else on dedicated hosting service. It ensures most uptime and site loading speed, space, security, and more. The only drawback of this plan is that you will have to monitor and manage your server on own.
# Performance and Uptime
Know that website performance is very much important for your viewers to keep engaged and SEO ranking as well. Site loading speed and uptime is that’s why a vital aspect. 99.99 uptime is guaranteed by most of the established hosting companies. But, BlueHost doesn’t provide any Guarantee on this aspect.
However, on Bluehost Server Uptime Agreement, it is seen that most of the hosting related issues are resolved in 15 minutes approximately. Math on this, the average Bluehost server uptime is 99.95% which is reliable enough.
# BlueHost Customer Support
No matter how good a hosting perform, one or other day you will need supports from experts in maintaining your website. Technical support is important and we see BlueHost is pretty good at it. They have in-house customer support team expertise in solving all sorts of issues regarding hosting, available 24/7. They also provide guides and video tutorials you can follow on your own.
# BlueHost Refund Policy
If you prefer to try out before you believe, this is a great option. BlueHost offers 30-days money back guarantee on your first purchase. 100% payment is refunded if the purchase is cancelled within 30 days of registration.
# BlueHost Add-Ons
You can tailor your hosting plan on your own, using some useful add-ons. When you choose a cheapest hosting plan, it may lack some of the feature you desperately need. Upgrading to a whole new hosting plan just for a single add-on isn’t the right thing to do. Here are some of the most important add-ons you can pick to add with your desired hosting plan.
- Dedicated IP Address @ £4.66/mo
- Spam Expert Mail Filtering @ £2.33/mo for every domain name
- Whois Domain Privacy @ £9.25 per domain year
- Expired Account Activation @ £23.36
- SiteLock @ £1.55/mo. or £18.59/year when billed annually
- Search Engine Jumpstart @ £2.33/mo
- Site Backup & Restore Pro @ £2.33/mo
# BlueHost Pros & Cons
No web hosting service is perfect. BlueHost also has its both pros and cons. You might ignore some cons, and there are some you may not want around. Here are the most important BlueHost pros and cons one can’t ignore.
- Reliability – Even without any uptime guarantee, BlueHost empowers a huge number of sites with minimal downtime.
- Pricing – Offering variety of hosting plans on reasonable cost, it’s a great place to start a site on even when your budget pulls you back.
- Free domain – 1 free domain is offered with each hosting plan validated for 1 year.
- No cheat with hidden charges – You pay for what you take. No additional hidden charges are taken.
- Upselling Add-ons – On every sign up for a plan, BlueHost seemed to be too annoying with their upselling process. You are suggested to uncheck the add-ons you don’t need before making final payment.
- High domain renewal price – When you renew the free domain after a year, their renewal price seemed to be higher than usual.
After reviewing all sorts of aspect on BlueHost web hosting service, both pros and cons taken in prior, we definitely recommend BlueHost for your website. BlueHost offers everything that you require building and maintain a healthy website.
Each hosting plan they offer includes, free domain registration and SSL certificate to keep a site protected. Their starter plan is one worth looking for when you are just start off.