GoDaddy UK Hosting Reviews
– GoDaddy.com trusted by over 17 million domain owners
– 30 GB & Unmetered bandwidth
– GoDaddy 24/7 support, live chat support, toll free phone
– 100 GB email storage, ftp, 25 subdomain. Unlimited MySQL database.
– Cpanel with wordpress, fantastico & PHP 7.0, 7.1, ecommerce, blog, forum, joomla, drupal.
– 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
– Avg. uptime is 99.96%
– Data Center Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Los Angeles, Chicago, Ashburn, and more.
The day you land on web hosting field, the name GoDaddy must come across your way. GoDaddy is mentioned among the most popular names in hosting industry. Chances are that most of the people you know engaged with running a site are relying on GoDaddy as their hosting provider. When asked to your friends, the might come up with varied views.
Regardless of many positive and negative feedbacks people had given on GoDaddy, this honest in-depth GoDaddy web hosting review may serve you a better idea of what you should expect from this giant hosting hub.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Review – What Should You Expect from Them
GoDaddy is empowering over 77 million domains and over 18 million customers to become one of the largest hosting companies in the world. Freelance ventures, small business, or personal blogs, if you are looking for an affordable hosting space, GoDaddy have it. For established business purposes where handing a mass traffic is a prior concern, GoDaddy does it.
Significantly, GoDaddy is focused to providing all sorts of hosting requirements regardless of the business size and nature. Before we dive into the GoDaddy features and analyse it’s positive and negatives aspects, let’s have a quick overview on the company itself. Shall we?
About GoDaddy Hosting Company
The US-based world’s largest cloud platform was founded in 1997. It’s been over two decades since the hosting providing company came to existence and has grown to become world’s largest domain registrar.
GoDaddy was originally known as Jomax Technologies in their initial days. The company was set in Baltimore, Maryland before it moved to Scottlsdale, Arizona seeking for a better place to business.
The founder of GoDaddy Bob Parsons sold his previous company to found a hosting company that we are familiar of as GoDaddy today. As far the current states they have over 8000 employees to maintain their good work.
It’s time to see how good they are doing with hosting thing.
Price and Packages
Uptime and Performance
An efficient uptime is vital in terms of good SEO and gaining more customer engagement to your website. GoDaddy promises to provide 99.96% uptime over a year and we have seen them maintain this Uptime percentage above average over the last 10 months.
This is enough Uptime rate to keep your site on as well as to ensure lesser of your site visitors are pissed off of bad server.
As the internet is so much obsessed with the speed factor, site loading speed should also be brought to priority no matter how long is your site up. GoDaddy managed to mark at average 450ms site speed which is good, yet isn’t the best though.
GoDaddy Technical Support
For a novice web master or people who have less technical knowledge are mostly relying on technical support in many cases. It could be setting up a new website or resolving an unwanted issue occurred related to hosting service, a good technical support is vital.
As long as Technical support is concerned, GoDaddy has inhouse technical support team up 24/7/365 round the clock. You can get their professional support team via phone calls and live chat.
Truth to be told, GoDaddy drawn back on this aspect. Their executives are very friendly and available anytime until you make hosting or domain purchase. But, post-purchase service is not good as expected.
GoDaddy Hosting Features
At the moment you start off with GoDaddy hosting, whether you are using a Linux or Windows, a reliable control panel is provided to manage your hosting associated tasks. Linux user will be pleased of accessing cPanel while Windows users can make use of Odin Plesk.
No matter what platform you are using, you will be presented with some of the undeniable features that sets GoDaddy apart from others.
- GoDaddy does not deny to service protection.
- A detailed security checking on regular basis.
- Diverse developer and designer tools are available.
- Usage alerts on hosting resources.
- A dependable service uptime.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting available for a better online security to your site.
- Complete management for Microsoft SQL and MySQL server.
- Wide variety of hosting plans available to meet all sorts of business body.
- One-click WordPress installation.
- Supports web frameworks.
- Integration of E-commerce is easy using shopping carts and more.
GoDaddy Refund Policy
GoDaddy guarantees of 30 days money back on annual plans. Monthly plans on the other hand receive 48 hours. Within the set period with each plan, if the hosting service is cancelled, they will be refunding your payment.
Here is the bitter side of this service. The refund policy is applicable only if the hosting service is not yet performed. Now, unless you perform the service, you won’t know how good they are, and if not satisfied you will be using it anyway.
This is where GoDaddy didn’t sound good to us.
Add-ons from GoDaddy
Besides a regular hosting plan, there are add-ons available to accompany your hosting features for a better run. From site backup to enhancing online security, you can add up something extra to your desired GoDaddy hosting plan during or after the hosting purchase.
- Website Backup: This is essential to keep your web content backed up at place on daily basis. This service also comes with security monitoring and daily malware scanning.
- Essential Security: This add-on is ideal to keep your site clean and safe with daily malware scan and clean up guaranteed.
- SSL Certificate: As you know the threat of online hacking and data theft, SSL certificate is about peace of mind while your site is safe and secure from hacking attempts.
- Professional Email: If your focus is to grow a brand, without a professional email isn’t sound safe. A professional email also helps you building a trust factor among your customers.
Pros and Cons
As we have witnessed mixed feedback of GoDaddy users so far and placing our own experience at, GoDaddy is both about pros and cons. Here are what you should mark on.
- Reliable Uptime with average 99.95% over the past few months and on.
- Good site lading speed beneficial for SEO, more traffic engagement, and conversions.
- Additional services like GoCentral, website builder, and more.
- E-Commerce integration for a good looking online shopping website.
- Month plans are available for a start.
- Sign up process is pretty much easy.
- Most of the major credit cards are accepted including PayPal payment.
- One-click installation of CMSs like WordPress and Joomla through cPanel access.
- No free backups, SSL certificate, or a CDN included with any plan.
- Lowest price plan applies only with annual plan purchases.
- Vogus upsells and high hosting price on service renewal.
- No money back guarantee at all once the hosting service is performed.
- Post-purchase tech support is not responsive enough.
Conclusion – Do We Recommend GoDaddy Hosting?
With GoDaddy, we have been there, done that; and our experience so far with wide acclaimed Hosting hub does not sound as sweet as expected. As of uptime and performance taken in priority, GoDaddy does it fine.
If you don’t plan for money-back after a trial period, you can surely opt for an annual package. Monthly packages are also not bad when you are just playing around for a test. But, if you plan for renewal, the price goes up to three times of the initial rate.
However, the hidden fees and too much upsells won’t make you feel good. And, you can’t deny the importance of technical support after buying the service. At this point, GoDaddy failed.