How to Increase Traffic for your Blog
Are you a blog owner thinking of ways to increase the traffic coming to your blog?
If you are trying to increase the traffic for your blog, then you are at the right place and this guide will help you with proven ideas that can dramatically increase traffic for your blog.
By the time you read through up to the end of this guide on How to Increase Traffic for your Blog, you will be able to be in a better position to know what to do in other to increase your blog traffic.
Identify Good Topics with Keyword Research
It is actually very easy for anyone to just sit down and start writing blog post which cover topics that virtually no one is interested in. On the other hand it’s possible to write about topics that people are interested in but contains keywords that nobody searches for.
This is where keyword research comes in. There are so many tools you can use for keyword research which includes: Google Keyword Planner, Semrush, Ahrefs etc. These tools can be used to identify the number of monthly searches for a particular keyword and can also be used to find out how difficult it is to rank for a particular phrase.
Ones you are done with your keyword research and have identified the keyword you want to write on, which of course should be a keyword people are searching for. You are then ready to start writing your blog and you should ensure that the keyword’s feature in all the right places in your blog post – which includes title, headers, meta description and body copy.
Read More About SEO Keyword Research Tools
Include Fabulous Images
It is actually very important to include great and clear pictures in all your blog post and of course the pictures should convey what the blog topic is all about. Studies have shown that images boost blog readership.
You should include Keywords in the Alt Image Tag on all your images which will boost SEO for your blog. Images make your blog post more visually appealing. The image you choose should always be relevant to the blog topic.
Images will compel readers to share your content on social media and this will help you drive more traffic to your blog for Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.). Images also makes your article longer.
Optimize Your Blog Post
This is where On-Page SEO comes in, it involves some technical steps which you need to take to ensure that your blog ranks at the top of search engine results page.
You can achieve this by:
- Creating blog post titles that reflect keywords from your keyword research and describe what you are writing about in detail.
- Using keyword headers in other to break up content
- URL’s should include keywords that reflect with your content
- Write the content of your blog post by including keywords and key phrases
- Add optimized link to an older post with similar topic
- Insert an optimized and customized More tag
- Select the right tags that should be assigned to the post
Google actually prefers content that loads very quickly. A few ways you can make your content load fast is to ensure that all your image files are as small as possible, avoid use of unnecessary scripts on the page and register your site with Google Search Console.
Increase Traffic via Social Shares
Social shares are one of the most important steps when it comes to driving traffic to your blog. However getting social shares from your blog post is quite a hard thing to do, but if done properly it can literally double your blog traffic.
So I have outlined ways in which you can encourage social shares and increase blog traffic:
- Add a Click-to-Tweet functionality: this is a great way to remind your blog readers they can share your content. You do that by using a plugin. Sometimes when there is no call-to-action, people won’t share the content.
- Use scrolling social buttons: these are a must when it comes to getting social shares. To get this social buttons, you can use a great tool called AddThis. Another tool you can use is Sumo – it allows you to add social sharing icons to your website.
- You can also use Charts and Info graphics: they are a more engaging way than text which literally overwhelm viewers. They are a great way to turn hard to digest content into a more visual appealing information.
Encourage User Engagement
The more readers get engaged with your blog content by commenting, the more it will increase your blog traffic. That means you have to structure all your blog posts to promote engagement. The type of engagement you need to increase traffic is comments.
You can increase engagement by doing the following:
- You need to have an intriguing introduction that will keep readers interested. You do this by using relatable humor, numbers and painting a picture. Introductions are first impressions, and first impressions are the best impressions.
- You need to offer more than just words. You can include things such as screen shorts, info graphics, graphs and product images.
- You need to write your content like storytelling. Storytelling is a surefire way to relate to your readers and can really impact their enthusiasm towards your content. Storytelling makes the writer seem more human.
- You might also want to include videos in your content as they are visually appealing to the eyes of your readers. A marketing survey stated that readers spend 100% more time on blog posts with videos.
I have listed about five different strategies you can start using today to drive traffic to your blog, this strategies are very powerful if applied.
I would like to drop a few strategies here in addition to the above. Another way you can increase your blog traffic is to comment on other blogs in your niche and try to be active in other various communities.
You can also include other bloggers in your “best of post” and tag the bloggers in a tweet just to let them know. Chances are that when they see it, they will likely retweet it on their page and this will lead to more clicks from the followers.
Aella Johns is an SEO executive working with Ranking By SEO. She has been writing articles on many topics related to SEO, link building, social media marketing, and many more